“ Life is ecstacy ”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
“ Life is not measured by the
number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that
take our breath away ”
~ Anonymous ~
“ You are created with
everything you need to
be successful ”
~ NLP saying ~
This practice focuses on alternative, modern, short-term and powerful psychotherapy for the modern human being who does not necessarily has the time nor money to engage in a time-consuming process of traditional psychotherapy.
The purpose of this practice is to resolve problems as quickly, effective and powerfully as possible. To find practical and workable solutions making use of the latest, most effective and most advanced human technologies for maximum effectiveness. This process is still taking place within the framework of profess-sionalism, a code of ethics and confidentiality under the protection of a profess-sionnal body.
I am a clinical psychologist and although there is enough room for traditional psycho-analysis in my consultation room, I prefer to make use of modern techniques for better results.
I specialise in the following therapeutic techniques:
- Clinical Hypnosis;
- Positive Psychology; and
You can read more about these techniques on this site.
Some people are in doubt whether it might just be a quick fix or not. Psychology is a young, dynamic and fast-developing science that literally finds faster, better and more powerful ways to bring about permanent change. If you still believe that an ox-wagon is the best way to travel from Johannesburg to Cape Town, you might think that aircraft technology might be a quick fix. You might not discover new territories using an airplane, but you are going to arrive much sooner in Johannesburg to do what you need to do in the time you have at your disposal. The modality of travelling will always remain your choice.
I have a Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology as well as a Master’s degree in Research Psychology (Cum Laude).
I was a member of the Professional Board for Psychology at the previously named South African Medical and Dental Council (SAMDC) – now known as the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
I was a part-time lecturer of philosophy and psychology at the Potchefstroom campus of the North-West University.
I have also gained the following qualifications:
- Master practitioner of Clinical Hypnosis in 1998;
- Practitioner of EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) in 1999;
- Master practitioner of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) in 2003;
- Master practitioner of Energy Psychology in 2005;
- Practitioner of EMI (Eye Movement Integration) in 2006;
- Practitioner of EcCT (Encounter centered Couples Therapy) in 2013;
- Master practitioner of BWRT (BrainWorking Recursive Therapy) in 2015.
- I have delivered a number of papers at the Hypnosis Congresses in South Africa and abroad. I have made an international breakthrough in the treatment of Scleroderma with hypnosis. Scleroderma is a rare type of Auto Immune disease.
I have been widely quoted in the media and I am also the published author of two books:
“NLP – ontgin die briljantheid in jou” in 2011 and “Dink slank, word slank” in 2013.